Remedial Massage Therapy is the application of different techniques in the treatment of muscular pain and dysfunction that affect human movement. It is applied in the preventative, corrective and rehabilitative phases of treatment.
It is also concerned with the restoration and maintenance of the soft tissue structures of the body.
Whether the cause of your discomfort is work related, from a sports injury or from work or leisure around the house, Remedial Massage Therapy may assist in the management of a wide range of soft tissue problems.
Remedial Massage Therapy is known to:
- Relax muscles and reduce tension leaving a feeling of wellbeing.
- Assist in reducing the risk of fibrosis and adhesions in muscles and fascia.
- Enhance rehabilitation after injury.
- Relieve cramps and spasms.
- Increase the range of movement.
- Dramatically reduce pain and discomfort.
- Drain lymph nodes.
- Assist in relieving symptoms of fatigue by stimulating joint and blood flow, nerve stimulus, e.g. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Assist in alleviating the symptoms of Repetitive Strain Syndrome by relaxing and increasing muscle function and stretching contracted muscles.
Fees As of 2018
Private health funds provide varying levels of cover for Remedial Massage Therapy.
Please contact your health fund for full details of these benefits.
MEDIBANK MEMBERS (preferred provider)
|Monday||2pm to 7pm|
|Wednesday||8am to 7pm|
|Friday||9am to 7pm|
|Saturday||8am to 12.30pm|
Sports massage is a form of massage involving the manipulation of soft tissue to benefit a person engaged in regular physical activity. Soft tissue includes skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia and the massgae is designed to assist in correcting problems and imbalances in soft tissue that are caused from repetitive and strenuous physical activity and trauma.
The application of sports massage, prior to and after exercise, may enhance performance, aid recovery and prevent injury.
Athletes with injuries or problems that are inhibiting performance will find that the stimulatory effects of sports massage encourage the healing process. Recreational and competitive athletes following a regular training programme will benefit during recovery, and through the early detection of any problems arising from training stress. Athletes engaged in sporting events or competitions can benefit before, during and after the event, depending on whether the need is for the release of muscle tension, relief from soreness, relaxation, etc.
Some benefits of Sports Massage are:
- the release of muscle tension and pain
- the removal of waste products such as acetic acid and carbon dioxide
- reduced discomfort from DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) as a result of vigorous exercise
- and improved posture and flexibility